We are all well rehearsed when it comes to adhering to lockdown and pandemic guidelines. Please help us to get and keep the show on the road by observing these current guidelines, designed to keep you the audience, and the Giffords Circus company safe and socially distant at all times.
- THE TWO METRE RULE – Whilst at the circus or queuing to get into the show please always observe the two-metre rule leaving space between your group and others.
- TRACK & TRACE – Track & Trace QR codes will be available at entrances and should be used by the main party member. If you do not have the Track & Trace App, require you to leave your contact details on the forms provided.
- SEATING – We will seat people in the tent at 1m+ with a chair between groups. Please do not be offended if you are unable to choose your own seats as we need to seat people quickly.
- ONE WAY SYSTEM – There will be a one-way system on entering and exiting the tent, please observe the arrows and encourage your party to follow them.
- NEW BUCKET SEATS – We have new bucket seats in the tent which are designed to observe the one metre plus rule – this also allows groups to leave an empty chair between them and the next group along. All seats are forward facing.
- GROUP SIZE – Groups must be a maximum of six people including children and babies, if you are in a larger group, we ask that on entering the Circus you divide into smaller groups and leave an empty seat between groups.
- CASHLESS PAYMENTS – If you can pay by card in the shop and café, our contactless card machines used at pay points will be cleaned between each use.
- SEATING CAPACITY – Our seating capacity is at 50% and is dependent on one-metre plus for social distancing following Government Guidelines.
- VENTILATION IN THE TENT – We will lift the sides of the tent to increase ventilation and monitor CO2 levels, you may wish wear warm clothes when the weather is cold.
- FACE COVERINGS – Wearing face coverings is compulsory within the big top and enclosed spaces such as the front of house tent and toilet facilities. If you forget your face covering, we will have spare ones available and if you are medically exempt then please have your badge on show.
- HAND SANTISER – Hand sanitizer use will be compulsory at each entrance and exit of the tent and pay points on site.
- CLEANING REGIME – Enhanced cleaning and sanitation to touch points between shows.
- SCREENS – Staff serving on site will be protected by screens at pay points and use hand sanitizer.
- THE SHOP – Merchandise will not be able to be touched or tried on before purchase.
- GENTLE REMINDERS – Usherettes and Front of House assistants will be available to guide the public and remind of social distancing.
- AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION – There will be no audience participation or close contact between audience and performers and sadly no dancing in the ring at end.
- KEEPING THE COMPANY SAFE – Staff and performers will undergo regular lateral flow tests and daily symptoms checks.
These guidelines will be regularly reviewed and updated on the Giffords Circus website on the NEWS pages. Please contact us should you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 2/23rd April 2021